Monday, November 19, 2007

Don't stop believin'

Generally I avoid presidential political debates. I just don't think you see much of a candidate's character or position on issues. Rather, I think we mostly see a controlled: "He called me this!" "Well, she said this!" argument.

I was thinking this morning. What if political debates didn't involve real topics at all, but opponents spoke in lyrics from cheesy rocks songs? Now that would be a spectacle! Just picture the recent Democrat debate:

Wolf Blitzer: Well, we're here in Nevada for another Democrat debate. I open the floor to opening remarks from the candidates.

John Edwards: I think you can see, more so than any of my fellow candidates, that my voting record shows that I believe that you don't have to live like a refugee. Yeah, it ain't no real big secret all the same. You believe what you want to believe. But I think that, generally, somewhere, somehow somebody
must have kicked you around some
.

Barack Obama: That's all well and good, however, I wear my sunglasses at night ... so I can ... so I can ... Keep track of the visions in my eyes. While she's deceiving me it cuts my security.

Hillary Clinton: Hey, watch your mouth there buddy. 'Cause we've got the right to choose and there ain't no way we'll lose it. This is our life, this is our song. We're Not Gonna Take It Anymore.

Dennis Kucinich: She bop--he bop--a--we bop.

Blitzer: With those fine, sage words from Rep. Kucinich, we close the opening statements.

Well, didn't that make more sense than the actual debates?

No comments: