Friday, May 09, 2008

The 56 Superfluous Questions meme

Picked this up from Tracey.

1.ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? You know that bit about not running with scissors? Well, don't run with pencils either. A small scar on my right cheek attests to that fact.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? Nothing yet. We have several pictures to put up and I'm going to hang a guitar on the wall.

3. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN? In the morning. I can't remember the exact time.

4. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? Recuperative sleep.

5. WHAT DO YOU MISS? Youthful idealism and the energy that comes with it.

6. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION? Possession ... hmm ... I really like my guitar but I wouldn't say "most prized" ... hmm ... You know, if my house was on fire and all of my family were safe, I would probably rescue my computer. There is so much of my life here -- pictures, writings, stuff. Otherwise everything else are really just things.

7. HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5' 10 1/2"

8. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DAY? No

9. WHAT’S YOUR WORST FEAR? Losing all ability to take care of myself.

10. WHAT KIND OF HAIR COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX? Blonde

11. WHAT ABOUT EYE COLOR? Usually blue.

12. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK? Coffee. What's this "energy drink" of which you speak?

13. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? Pepperoni.

14. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Nothing. We ate at Rum Boogie earlier.

15. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME? Olive drab.

16. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH? No.

17. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED? That's a toughie. My wife has been great at giving meaningful gifts. I had some growing up. But once, I think I was 10 or so, I was staying with a friend, and his mom came back from the story and had bought us both comic books. It just struck me as cool because it was something she didn't have to do, there was no real reason for it, she just did it.

18. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? Yes.

19. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? Nope

20. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU WANT? Drool.

21. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING? Forever or just for a while? Honestly, if it was forever, probably not.

22. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA? Yes.

23. YOUR WEAKNESSES? Ice cream

24. MET ANYONE FAMOUS? Yes.

25. FIRST JOB? Paper route when I was 10.

26. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? Yep.

27. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOUL MATE? No. I know how much hard work marriage is to believe in a "soul mate." I think you're if you're very lucky, you find someone who loves you as much as you love them.

28. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT? Reading the responses by Maggie May, Ricki and Sheila.

29. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY? Yes.

30. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? My ability to quickly find solutions for problems.

31. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? It's too far away to think about right now.

32. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? I've got three, that's good.

33. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? A great uncle.

34. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST TURN OFF WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX? Breaking into conversations to add an uninvited opinion on a topic that the person doesn't really know anything about but delivers the opinion with the conviction of an expert.

35. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU MISS ABOUT GRADE SCHOOL? Sheila said recess and I agree. Recess is a great idea. But only if we get to play tag.

36. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE? Whatever. Suave for men right now.

37. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No. It's horrible. I print because my cursive is unreadable.

38. ANY BAD HABITS? Yes

39. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON? Sometimes

40. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Maybe. I'm a loyal friend, but I don't like to leave the house much. So, if I could hang out and watch movies and stuff at home, yes.

41. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS? No.

42. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? Not in a very healthy way. I need to get back into the gym.

43. WHAT’S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE? Setting my children up to be successful in life.

44. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? My two-foot tall Godzilla.

45. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE? 20 or so.

46. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID? I'm too old for Barney.

47. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE? Is there gravy? That's an essential qualifier.

48. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES? Yes.

49. DO YOU HAVE A COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM? If you mean, in my bedroom, not necessarily. I have a laptop and it travels throughout the house. The primary computer is in the living room.

50. PLANS FOR TONIGHT? Yes. The wife and I went to Beale St.

51. WHAT’S THE FASTEST YOU’VE EVER GONE IN A CAR? 120 or so.

52. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? Joe Satriani's new one: Professor Satchafunkilus & The Musterion of Rock.

53. LAST THING YOU DRANK? Water

54. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT? I'm conservative, so I tend to lean toward republican. However, they haven't been very conservative as of late.

55. DO YOU HAVE A LOW SELF ESTEEM OR A HIGH SELF ESTEEM? Average. Low sometimes, high at others.

56. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? Nothing at the moment. Well, other than schoolbooks.

No comments: