Tuesday, January 06, 2009

You know what, I do have some resolutions


I am not, by and large, a person of much resolve at the beginning of the new year. I don't hold to convention because I know that I'm not generally going to be able to keep any huge promise to myself and why put myself through that mental anguish?

But there are a couple of things I had forgotten. So, belatedly, I resolve to do two things this year:

1. Miss less work. I missed a butt-load of days in 2008 for a variety of reasons. Illnesses and surgeries top the list, but I missed a lot of work last year. I'd like to do less of that and actually save up some vacation and sick leave.

2. Fall down stairs less. I slipped and fell down the stairs in my home twice last year. Both times were within a week of having back surgery. What's up with that?

I don't think I'm stretching myself too thin here, but we'll see.

No comments: