Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A meme, then nap

From Sheila who got it from sarahk.

1. What color is your toothbrush?
Yellow, blue and white. Not my first choice, but I guess I'm not overly picky about a toothbrush. After seeing how picky a three-year-old can be, it gives you a different perspective on things that matter.

2. Name one person who made you smile today.
Dennis

3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Standing around waiting to give a briefing.

5. What is your favorite candy bar?
Toblerone, but I eat Snickers more often.

6. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Yes, it's been many years though.

7. What is the last thing you said aloud
Hmm. It's been a bit. Probably, "Thanks, corporal."

8. What is your favorite ice cream?
Most of the time, chocolate-chip cookie dough, but I'm becoming more of a fan of mint chocolate chip.

9. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Water

10, Do you like your wallet?
Yes. My kids "got me" a new one at Christmas. I am quite particular about what kind I like.

11, What was the last thing you ate?
Ham sandwich.

12, Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Nope.

13, The last sporting event you watched?
Couldn't begin to tell you.

14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?
Buttered. Used to love cheese, but I'm getting to the point where less is more.

15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?
J-mom.

16. Ever go camping?
A lot. We went quite often when I was growing up. Went a couple of times in my adult life, a few times in by virtue of wearing battle jammies and an extended, seven-month stay in Bagram.

17, Do you take vitamins daily?
Nah. I probably should.

18, Do you go to church every Sunday?
No.

19, Do you have a tan?
No. We'll see what the summer brings.

20,Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?
I prefer pizza, but I like Chinese a lot.

21, Do you drink your soda with a straw?
Sure, at restaurants and such. I like to keep straws in the house for kids and will find myself using them occasionally.

22, What did your last text message say?
Um ... "Have fun! Love you!"

23, What are you doing tomorrow?
Leaving on a jet plane.

25, Look to your left, what do you see?
An orange couch with an odd print. Look:



26, What color is your watch?
Brown and green.

27, What do you think of when you hear Australia?
I'm kind of equally assaulted by images of great barren landscapes and the Great Barrier Reef. No one image clearly comes to mind. It's all at once.

29, Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
Drive through 99.999999% of the time.

30. What is your favorite number?
42 of course.

31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone?
J-mom

32. Any plans today?
Napping. Working on a paper. Developing some questions for interviews about the SecNav Retiree Council.

33. How many states have you lived in?
Excluding those I was in less than 6 months, I'll say 10.

34. Biggest annoyance right now?
My procrastination.

35, Last song listened to?
Some blues tune playing in the lobby of the hotel.

36.Can you say the alphabet backwards?
If I thought about it really hard ... I'll go ahead and say no. Too addicted to that damn alphabet song.

37. Do you have a maid service clean your house?
I wish. I'd love to be able to do that for my wife.

38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
I became addicted to sandals when I lived on Okinawa. I also like my Sketchers running shoes.

39. Are you jealous of anyone?
Not really. I've made my choices in life and I've been pretty lucky in the outcome of those choices. I feel blessed, honestly.

40. Is anyone jealous of you?
I don't know.

41. Do you love anyone?
Absolutely.

42. Do any of your friends have children?
Sheila said: "Okay, is this meme directed at tweens? Most of my friends have kids." I concur.

43. What do you usually do during the day?
I sit in a cubicle (which the Navy calls a puka) and answer a lot of phone calls.

44, Do you hate anyone that you know right now?
Nah. I mean, if you asked me at another point in time, or if I saw something on the news, I might say, "Man, yeah, I hate so and so," but the truth is I don't hate the person, I hate the action or situation. I'm sure a person is capable of earning hate, but no one's really been that mean to me or mine.

45. Do you use the word ‘hello’ daily?
Yes, in addition to "Hi," "Hey," "What's up?" and "Ha ha! You fell down!"

46. What color is your car?
White

47. Do you like cats?
Yes, but Daughter Number One has asthma and it's probably not a good idea to own one.

48. Are you thinking about someone right now
My wife and kids; been missing them a lot this trip.

49, Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Nope.

50. How did you get your worst scar?
I have a three or four-inch scar on my spine at the S4-5 level. I had two back surgeries last year.

No comments: