Wednesday, March 19, 2008

You're never too old to drink the Kool Aid

As many of you know, I'm going to school for my masters degree. One of my instructors is the "elder statesman" of the school's journalism department. In fact, this professor is set to retire at the end of this semester. There is a vast amount of information and experience to impart.

The problem? Huge lib. And I'm not saying that like it's something that I didn't expect or anything. No. My problem is that this instructor is one of those delusional libs who spouts a lot of half-fact theories. Now, to his credit, he does admit that a lot of what he talks about is opinion based, and I respect him for being forthright about that. The thing that really gets me, though, is when we talk about current issues, and he talks about the past as though it was some golden era.

For example, we were discussing corporations and government and their ability/methods of persuasion in communications. He went on a bit of a soliloquy where he lamented the past where "Corporations and government were basically good and had people's best interest at heart."

Wow. I just had to keep my mouth shut the rest of the night. I mean ... how old does a person have to get to to regress to that kind of naivety?

Look. I know that some things were better in the past and all that, but I hardly think it was corporate America or the government.

Just another month to go.

No comments: