Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Sharp dressed man

It's something I've been putting off for a long time. Yesterday we went out and I bought a couple of suits.

I'm beginning to interact with higher level people in my organization and I've got to start dressing the part. I also have a conference coming up in April and can't dress in my usual polo shirt and slacks, so I've had to upgrade the wardrobe. It was kind of shocking how much money it all came to, but I have to keep telling myself that I was starting with nothing.

While it was pricey, it was still a good deal. The store I went to was having Buy One-Get One sales on suits, shirts, shoes and other items. So I got two suits, two shirts and two pair of shoes all BOGO and some ties that weren't. I can't even tell you the last time I wore a tie. I was still active-duty Army though.

It's the price of moving up in an organization though.

No comments: