Thursday, June 10, 2010

Plug and a post

The plug: Hey, check out the snazzy new poll I posted today in my sidebar. Let me know what you use to cook out with.

The post: Earlier J-Mom called me to let me know that my son, yet again, was being cute.

Some background - The Boy has never approached playing with toys quite the same way I did as a youth. He's always thought of playing with toys as "making movies." He'd set everything up and play with them, but he wasn't "playing" he was shooting his movie. At first, he wondered why he couldn't see them on TV, but has since come to realize that he has to shoot them with a camera, etc.

Over the past couple of days, he's gotten very interested in the concept of making real movies. He wants to make a movie that pits his hero - All Powers Man (who he portrays), against the villain - some kind of guy who freezes things (portrayed by me, apparently). He was talking to J-Mom about the costume - see, All Powers Man cycles through his powers by punching a button on his costume.

He's four years old, people. OK, almost five. But still.

Is this what a budding filmmaker looks like? If so, it’s pretty freaking cool in my estimation. I think we’ll be breaking out the Flip cam over the course of the next few weeks and see what we can do with it. I have some video editing software too, so we may even be able to add some special effects!

I think we’re going to have a lot of fun with this.

6 comments:

Andy said...

That's cool, Cullen! Your son sounds like he has quite the imagination. That certainly can serve one well in many ways.

Hey, I like the format of that poll. Is it a Blogger widget, or something else?

Cullen said...

Thanks, Andy. I certainly think so.

Yep, it's a Blogger poll. Click on the "add gadget" thing or whatever it is and "Poll" is an option. No muss, no fuss.

Andy said...

Cool man...thanks for the heads-up. I didn't know Blogger had one of those.

Crotalus said...

All Powers Man is the best idea i've heard in YEARS!!!

nightfly said...

Well, foreign distribution is taken care of... ;)

I think this is incredible. Maybe this is how budding filmmakers sound at four, nearly five. It reminds me of the stories Sheila tells about her nephew Cashel. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Mr. Bingley said...

I use both gas and charcoal :)