Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Idol threat 4-3: The not feeling it edition

Dudes, I'm just not feeling it tonight. Sometimes I really look forward to live blogging the show. Sometimes not. This season has been a lot of not.

I'll be back with my bottom three picks later. Maybe some snark ... but these last few weeks of school are kicking my ass.

Bottom three pick update: I, like Simon, am taking a different tack with Sanjaya. I'm just going to ignore him. Regardless of what he deserves, he's with us a couple of more weeks, I'm sure. So, even though Sanjaya should be on my bottom three, I'm going with the three it's probably going to be:

I really disagreed with the judges this week on a couple of folks, particularly Chris Richardson. I thought his performance of Don't Get Around Much Anymore was painfully awful. Have you ever heard the Harry Connick Jr. version? Harry's version is how this song should be done. I gives a shit about young or hip. It sucked.

And so did Phil and Haley. So, those are my bottom three: Chris, Phil and Haley with Haley going home.

The morning after:

Sarahk liked Chris but didn't like LaKisha. Really folks ... I don't get the Chris Richardson thing. I hear whining all day long from my kids, I don't want to hear it from the singers on TV also. Perhaps it's because the song he sang is one of my favorite jazz standards, but he MURDERED that song. Killed it dead. He sucks, people.

As for Lakisha, I completely agree with Sarah. I didn't think it was very good and was quite shocked when the judges gushed praise for her. I thought she rumbled and stumbled too much through her vocals. The transitions were off and it just wasn't very smooth.

Dean's got a review up (finally), and pretty much feels the opposite from me on Chris and Lakisha.

Dial Idol predictions: Apparently American agreed more with me than the judges or Dean about Lakisha. She's in the bottom two. Sharing the bottom three are Gina Glocksen and Haley Scarnato. I don't feel that Gina deserves it -- I rather liked the understated performance -- but do agree that she's generally out of her league. Melinda is ranked number 1 again and is the only performer that is not affected by the margin of error. Ranks 2-9 are all within the margin of error of one another so, basically, any of the others may be going home.

No comments: