Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Training

I am in the process of training some of my coworkers to do my job. I have a two-week vacation planned in June (that I actually hope I won't be taking because of a recent phone call that I still haven't heard anything back about yet), and I need to have people trained up in what I do.

It's been harder than I thought it'd be. They have the desire but not the technical experience. It's not that what I do is all that difficult, but it does require that you know certain software and know the rules of the game. Individually, they know little -- some know a good bit in some areas and others in others -- collectively, they are pretty good though.

The problem is that I have to do this training on top of doing all of our normal jobs. So it's not just an issue of working around my schedule, but all of theirs also.

I set up a workstation they can jump onto any time they have free time. I hope they take that to heart; it hasn't happened yet.

No comments: