Thursday, December 04, 2008

Phew!

One last paper to complete and this semester is dead! Not finished. DEAD.

This semester, more than any other in my academic career, has beaten me down. It’s not just that there were many aspects of it that have been demanding – I can handle demanding – but so much of the work has been trite. I can understand having things conform to a set standard, but it’s kind of hard to get your specific project to align to some kind of established orthodoxy when your organization doesn’t publish much of its methodology. I have plenty of published actions and results, but no underlying philosophy to tie it to. That’s very difficult.

I’m not sure any of that made much sense. Unfortunately I am being a bit vague out of necessity. It is suffice to say that I am attempting to complete a job-related project for my class and my professor keeps ripping up my stuff because my literature review doesn’t sufficiently incorporate research from my organization.

This sounds excessively whiney, I know, but I’m just glad it’s over. Until next semester anyway.

No comments: