Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Come on Kellie Pickler, kiss me deadly

UPDATE: Tracey has her thoughts up.

UPDATE 2: Our Mounaineer Muser continues her anti-Kellie rant.

UPDATE 3: Dean's thoughts are up. Although he's smoking crack about Elliot.

UPDATE 4: Sheila's got some interesting thoughts on last night's show as well. I won't disagree with anything she says regarding stage presence. I have to agree. But I was definitely affected in different ways than she.

Okay, I lied. I couldn't stop myself after seeing the Pickle. Did she not look like a Lita Ford wannabe?

Anywho, notes so far ...

Bucky: This is probably my favorite Queen song, and I appreciate Bucky's take on it. It's not great, but I'm happy that he's doing it and not murdering it. Not too bad.

Ace: Wow. That sucked. Buhbye Ace. (Note: Once again the daughter says, "Ooh, I love him.")

Pickle: What was up with the '80s uber-rock chick outfit? I almost Closed My Eyes Forever because I expected her performance to be a Shot of Poison. However, she came out Larger Than Life and Playin' With Fire but she's really Gotta Let Go.

Humor aside, it wasn't bad. I just don't like her.

Chris: Guess I'm just not very familiar with the tune. I mean, the dude can sing really well, but that just didn't sound together. It was, I don't know ... the judges are blown away except Simon (says it's not a very good song), but pretty much makes my point. Great vox, bad song.

Katharine Good call changing the song. She should perform this well. Starts well. This is really her A/O. Oooh, um, she's hitting the notes, but she's not keeping them. She's "sliding," as my kid's vocal teacher explained to her the other day. Not too good in my estimation.

Judges: Randy - pitchy, but you're cute so you're good; Paula - I can't hear anymore obviously; Simon - thought there were tune problems but thought the overall was good.

Maybe he's right, but I tell you, sitting off to the side and only watching a portion of it, she was OFF. Her future is in the hands of the folks who follow.

Elliot: Holy S***! Is that the ghost of Freddie? As we were watching the preview, I told the wife that Elliot is probably the closest to Freddie and he's really showing it (except the dropped lyric). Even with that little flub, great performance!

Randy talks about pitchy problems but I really didn't hear 'em. Paula: Wonka-wonka. Simon heard it too, so I'm probably wrong, but, man, that was good. Damn good.

Taylor: Changes from We Are the Champions to Crazy Little Thing... which I also think is a good thing. Rockin! Personally, I think it's the best Taylor in a few weeks. Funny that he missed kicking the mic stand down. That aside, very solid performance. Not the best vox, but an overall performance to bring down the house.

Judges: Randy - Taylor's back (and I agree); Paula - Wonka-wonka; Simon - Are you drunk, I thought it was ridiculous. Wow. Simon really doesn't like Taylor, I guess.

Best so far, I think.

Paris: If Brian May says you're damn good, you're damn good. And what a good choice of look. She tood the '80s rocker that Pickle was trying to do and made it work with a more modern feel. On the song though, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW! I really wasn't expecting this from her. I thought we'd be closing the show on a sour note, but she's captured the best performance slot from Taylor. Amazing. Amazing. To think I'd wrote her off. This was great.

Judges: Randy - Don't listen to me, I don't know what I'm saying; Paula - Wonka-wonka; Simon - I have apparently turned into some kind of bobble-headed thing that can't comprehend good performances at the end of my program.

Man, it's weeks like this that keep me watching this show. Very good show. An amazing increase in performance over the last two weeks.

My bottom three (and this is tougher than I thought it'd be): 1st place suck - Ace (I mean, yuck dude); 2nd-place suck - Katharine (a song that should have been a slam dunk for her was a pitchy, slidy nightmare); 3rd-place suck - Bucky (not a bad job on his part, but in comparison to everyone else, too bad Buckster).

Going home = Ace.

No comments: