Thursday, October 12, 2006

More nothing from the nothing farm

The big event of the day yesterday was watching Mythbusters. That's how my life is going right now.

We are down three employees in our office of six. At 50 percent manning, I am now officially doing three jobs (including my own) and sometimes one other. It wouldn't be quite so bad, but after work, most nights of the week, I have classes. And this semester is kicking my fourth point of contact. I only have one more semester after this one to graduate and that's been my mantra.

I fear becoming used to this level of busy. Once we have hired more employees (job announces Oct. 16, any photojournalists or communication majors interested in working for the government, contact me via e-mail and I'll let you know how to go about it) and my school is over, it will be dead dull. Right now, I look forward to that boredom, but I know that if I become used to this operational tempo I will dread that once it happens.

Otherwise, everything is status quo. Hope everyone else is doing OK.

No comments: