Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Killing all the flava

My family often eats fast food. For whatever reason, we have never been big home cookers. My wife is a very good cook. I dabble in the kitchen and shine on the grill, but we just don't do it as much as we should.

But I think we're going to be heading back to the oven.

The other night we picked up a bucket of KFC and even though I've never felt it's the best stuff, it's OK. But now that they've killed all the trans-fats, man ... it just sucks. Anyone else experiencing this? It's like the grease leaves some kind of horrible, bitter aftertaste. I'm noticing this trait in other fast-food joints that are kicking the trans-fats. If this continues I guess we're going to have to cut out these joints. I'm not going to pay their extortionist prices for worse food than they normally put out.

No comments: