Monday, July 23, 2007

Zero hour approacheth

My house is in shambles. But it's a good shambles.

Boxes are both neatly stacked and strewn, likening my residence to some mythological labyrinth. But I can see the way out of this maze. Things are getting better.

I accomplished much this weekend. I took down our girls' bunkbed -- it's one of those large, wood models with a full bed on top and a single trundle bed with built in desk and closet -- and that's always a major chore. I was also able to clean out my storage area and get my computer room cleared out and organized. Now I actually feel like we'll be ready to pack come Saturday.

Pack come Saturday sounds weird. I've spent less time here than any other place in my career, but I feel as though I've invested more in it. It'll be strange to move, but exciting as well. I can't wait to get into my house.

Now begins the last week of work last-minute, "Oh yeahs." That is, everyone I've ever known here will suddenly remember they need me to do something for them and only I can really do it. Oh well, it's not like I'm not expecting it.

No comments: