Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Sorry, but you’ve got to do your own livin’

I'm, once again, trying to get back into eating healthy and exercising. This has been a bit of a recurring theme for me the past couple of years, but it seems that I keep picking myself up just to fall down again.

I have an addictive personality. I'm not saying I have a disease. I'm not saying anything that puts the blame onto some kind of something I can't control. What I'm saying is that I have a gluttonous personality.

When I drank, I drank epically. When I smoked, I smoked like a Chevy Nova's exhaust. But when I gave these up, I gave up the bad habit but not the bahavior. Food became the new object. This isn't anything new to anyone who's given up an addiction, and unlike smoking or drinking, you can't quit eating.

I have a very hard time sticking to eating healthier and exercising more. I know what to do, but the bad habits come back easily. I don't know how to overcome lazy.

This probably applies to almost everyone, but I want to be comfortable in my own skin. There's no switch. How long do I have to do something for it to become routine?

No comments: