Monday, September 08, 2008

The paperwork

My packet has been reformatted and resubmitted (with fingers crossed). I'm pretty certain we've got it right this time around. The big problem before is that we were trying to do something informally and the people at the high end wanted us to do it formally.

The kicker to all of this? This many month-long process is just to get someone to say that it's OK for me to start a process that is going to be just as labor-intensive as this process has been. Just to get one guy to say, "Yes."

Once I have the OK to proceed, I have to submit a mass of different paperwork to a different office and hope that everything's Ok with that stuff.

You know why stuff in the government runs so poorly? Because any time anyone has a good idea to make stuff better, they're bogged down by all the bureaucracy and give up.

No comments: