Monday, May 22, 2006

The chocolate city further sours

That Ray Nagin was re-elected is old news. And we can all talk about how terrible it is that it happened, or not.

Driving to work this morning, the talk radio guys (Alabama-based Rick and Bubba) brought up an interesting idea (in passing). Bubba said that regardless of how much money they had raised in the past for the victims of Katrina in New Orleans, that he was through. He would never again raise money for them.

My question is this, do you think more people are going to feel this way? Seriously, I have come to feel this way. I can spend my efforts and money in places I think deserve it more (Mississippi, Alabama and Florida) than a city that can't even get rid of a politician so instrumental in its near demise.

I understand that chosing between Nagin and Landrieu was tough -- re-elect the guy who failed or elect the guy from one of the most corrupt families in the state? -- but why couldn't the city field better candidates. Rob, I feel for you, I really do.

No comments: