Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Out of town

If you didn't catch it in the prayer post below, I'm taking the crew on vacation for a few days. So, posting will be non-existent until Sunday, at least. Probably Monday though.

So, I'm gonna post my normal weekly posts, summarized, here.

First, I'll tackle American Idol. While I'll be around tonight, I imagine I'm going to be too busy getting packed, cleaning, etc. to post so I'm going to make my predictions here, now, at 12:45 p.m. EST, without even watching the show, to showcase my awesome.

The five remaining contestants have to sing two songs tonight -- one from the year of their birth and one from this week's Billboard Top 10. Looking at the charts, the "this week's" song is going to be tough for some folks. Wonder who's gonna sing "Bad Day" (cough, Elliott, cough) and I wonder who's going to sing Dani California (cough, Chris, cough). That's if they go with the top 10 from the Power 100. Billboard has so many charts, they'll find a way to increase the options, I'm sure.

As for performance, I am thoroughly sick and tired of these folk's song choices and think they'll, once again, make the worst choices they possibly could. We'll walk away thinking, "Why didn't Taylor sing X song. That would have rocked."

Predictions: Chris will rock hardest and will clearly come out on top. Taylor will stomp out some good stuff, but, like I just said, we'll wish he sang something else.
Elliot will sound great, but his performance will, again, leave us cold. Paris will surprise everyone with great performances vocally and stage-presence-wise. Katharine will fumble or flub, but still have an overall good show.

Going home: Katharine is my first pick, Elliott is my second choice.

Because I'm All About the Guitar: Vacation Package

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThis is quick and to the point (yes, my wife is tired of hearing that one). This is the currently the object of my lust.

I haven't been to Musician's Friend in a few weeks and they've added a couple of neat things to their guitar search menu. Formerly, their menu allowed you to search by acoustic or electric or by brand. You could further detail your search by price range, type of electric or acoustic and get really detailed results. Well they've added some new search functions: scale length, number of frets, number of strings, pickup configuration and tremolo type. Now you can search via the function that is most important to you. Very, very cool.

No comments: