Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Asthma camp

My oldest, Daughter #1, started a summer camp yesterday -- Asthma Camp. It is mostly paid for by the American Lung Association and is held at one of the local community colleges.

I picked her up after day one and she had a blast. The went bowling, had many snacks and watched a movie.

They also, I learned after several minutes of prying, played "asthma bingo."

"How is asthma bingo different than regular bingo?" I asked.

"I don't know," she said.

"You don't know?" I asked.

"Well, they ask you a bunch of questions about asthma and stuff and in normal bingo they just call out numbers," she said. "And I almost won, but they just didn't call out the last number I had."

"So, you did know the difference."

"Yeah."

It's going to be a fun week.

No comments: