Saturday, September 23, 2006

I have been tagged ...

Otherwise I'd have nothing to post about today.

It's the books meme I avoided before because no one tagged me specifically. But, Portnoy tagged me, so I will be agreeable.

1. One book that changed your life: STP 21-1-SMCT Skill Level 1 I probably could have answered the Bible, but I was raised on it, so it wouldn't really have "changed my life." I don't want to use any of my fiction authors for this question because some of them are already going to repeat. So, the Skill Level 1, Soldier's Manual of Common Tasks, issued in basic training and expected to be memorized by graduation. Profound change.

2. One book that you've read more than once. Since this is only one book, I'll say The Federalist Papers

3. One book that you'd want on a desert island. Portnoy had a great answer for this. I'd say 101 Things To Do On A Desert Island would be good -- if someone's written it. If not, I'd go with my Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy compendium.

4. One book that made you laugh. Oh, definitely the above answer. But recently I've been reading The Government Manual for New Superheroes and it's a riot.

5. One book that made you cry The 9-11 ComMission Report.

6. One book that you wish you had written. The book I haven't written yet.

7. One book you wish had never been written. Meh. I have no hate against thought. Plenty against practice. It'd be easy to say Mein Kampf or The Communist Manifesto ... but, really, it's people and their charisma that put this stuff into action. Not books.

8. One book that you are reading at the moment. The superhero book I mentioned earlier.

9. One book that you've been meaning to read. American Sphinx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson

10. Tag five others that you’d like to do this meme. Nope.

No comments: