Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Defeated

UPDATE: Whine, whine, bitch, bitch. I picked a bad HVAC dude and now I'm suffering the consequences. When the temp's in the 90s and the humidity is there too, getting your a/c fixed is an urgent thing. I chose the guy who could get it done quickly and I didn't have enough guys come out to quote. Lesson learned: Always take more time and always get more quotes.

Some unsolicited advice: If you have to replace your HVAC system, do not try and do the noble thing and hire a local dipshit. Go ahead and shell out the extra money and fucking hire Sears or some other big-name contractor. A/C still isn't working correctly and it looks like I'm about to have to eat another big charge. When the A/C guy put in the new system, he did not replace the old line sets. I have found a lot of conflicting information about this online, but on my end of things it looks like that might be where my leak is coming from. Replacing the line set is going to cost. But if I'd just gone with Sears in the first place, I wouldn't even be having this conversation because line set replacement was part of their replacement process.

Fuck me for trying to help out a local guy. I guess I should have known something was up when he was able to come out the same day when I first called him. I am really not sure where to go from here 'cause we're not even completely certain what the freaking problem is. I tell you this, though, I am almost 100% certain that if I have to replace something or do something that isn't part of his warranteed work, I won't be paying him to do it. Incompetent fucker.

No comments: