Thursday, May 18, 2006

Because I'm All About the Guitar: Special Thursday Edition

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThis is a pretty neat article: The Top 20 strangest guitars. They had some stuff on the list that I hadn't seen before (like #s 1, 8, 12, 16), but many I had. In fact, I've played guitar #2. Machine gun guitars are pretty common in guitar shops in Japan, but they had one at the small music shop in Mountain Home, Idaho, when I was there as a teen. There are some I don't think are all that odd (like #2 for instance), when compared to some of the hyper-wierd guitars I've seen.

So, go check out their list and then compare them to some of the beauties(?) I've posted below:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gee, wonder if this guitar was for a metal band?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Somebody really loves some Formula 1

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I don't even know where to begin. Frog legs, anyone?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
When did H.R. Giger's Alien mate with a Fender?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have read that this guitar was custom built for Yngwie "The Fookin' Fury" Malmsteen. Whether or not this is true, it makes you wonder what goes through someone's head while they're making something like this. You have to admire the craftsmanship of something like this -- it is a work of art -- but it's almost masturbatory. Nothing good is ever going to come from someone playing with this thing. Nothing good, ever.

Last, but certainly not least, one of the oddest guitars I have ever seen:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A guitar that will have you praising the rock gods with your searing leads and crushing rhythms ... all the while allowing you take out any pesky ogres or trolls that may suddenly appear during your performance at Budokan.

No comments: