Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cullen family: 10 ... House: ad ifinitum

Week two is down.

Week one was marked by feverishly paced work matched only by the blistering temperatures outside.

See, the house we moved into wasn't exactly "move-in ready."

I replaced two bathroom faucets, two toilet ballcocks (the pressure sensitive things work wonderful, by the way), put up shelves in our pantry and a closet, and unpacked many a box and set up furniture.

The thing of which I'm most proud is replacing the kitchen sink and faucet. What was here when we moved in was ridiculous. It was a six-inch deep stainless steel sink and the faucet was broken. The spigot had broken off the pillar and the water squirted out directly at you. The hose didn't work, so you had to just barely turn on the water to wash something or get a drink of water.

I replaced the sink with an acrylic mold (white), ultra-deep sink that is 8 1/2" deep on one side and 10" deep on the other. I replaced the faucet with a big, arching, stainless steel faucet.

This is the sink.

This is the faucet.

Anyway, I about killed myself that first week and there is so much left to do.

If week one was marked by manic activity, week two was about the opposite. While there was tons of stuff to do at work, I couldn't get anything done here at home.

I washed my car and truck today. And it felt good.

No comments: