Thursday, August 16, 2007

Formative music

Michele, my sometime editor at Faster Than The World, is currently compiling a list of 300 of her favorite bands and songs on her blog, A Big Victory.

Her posts got me to thinking about some of the formative music in my past. I tend to feel most nostalgic about the music that I was listening to between ages 15 - 22 (or so).

Red Hot Chili Pepper's Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic was huge at the time. I was still huge into the Misfits and Ramones. Metal, while listened to, wasn't as big a deal to me later in those years. I'd have to say that some of the bands that really make me feel wistful include RHCP, Jane's Addiction, The Violent Femmes, Alice in Chains ... there are more.

So, what I'm driving at here is this: What are some of your favorite bands or songs from your formative ages of 15-22?

No comments: