Thursday, October 08, 2009

The Mighty One Who is the Best in the Show Glee

I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon and talk about Glee like everyone else seems to be doing, but after last night's ep. I feel I must. I mean, it's a good show and all. It's entertaining. It has found a way to take a subject that I would normally have absolutely zero interest in and make it compellingly funny. But all of this would be impossible without Jane Lynch. She makes this show. Sure there are other interesting things going on. Sure the show's supposed to be about the Glee club and the main character's struggles, but, to me, all of this only serves to as backdrop to set up Lynch's character's scenes.

Everyone seems to be talking about Glee the past couple of weeks, but, in my opinion, for all the wrong reasons. Most have talked about the show being enjoyable despite the relative inexperience of most of the young cast. NPR had a good piece on Lynch yesterday, but aside from that, I haven't seen her get much credit for the show she's carrying. I hate to say it like that, but I really do see her has the lynchpin (a ha!) holding the ensemble cast together.

I've been a fan of Lynch's since Christopher Guest's Best in Show, perhaps my favorite of his mockumentaries. If you take a look at her IMDb page you can see how busy she is. And that's good. It's always great when quality actors get so much work. Good for us and for her.

No comments: