Thursday, August 10, 2006

An update, vapid and empty, but still an update

So, last night was the finale of Last Comic Standing. I was happy that Josh Blue won the thing, but I was very upset that Chris Porter wasn't one of the final two. I thought Ty Barnett got far further along than his talent should have carried him.

Oh well. It was funny while it lasted.

Otherwise, things click along as normal. I'm getting ready for school. The registration is done. Financial aid is taken care of. Book are on the way. One week left to steel myself mentally -- which, to me, is the hardest part of this. The teaching adult education classes I take for my major are a joke. I get pissed because I feel like I'm wasting my time when we go over the same subject matter again and again. Additionally, this semester I have to take some core classes that I negelected and some I cleped but this university won't accept. Bastards.

Lastly, I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice regarding buying a domain and hosting, both here and via e-mail. It's probably still months away, but I found several hosting packages in the $4 to $6-a-month price range that I think would suit my needs. The majority of those are 5 GB packages that allow up to 250GB transfers per month. I would like to pick y'all's brains one more time -- for those of you who operate blogs where you're hosting/posting a lot of graphics and music: What's your average uploads per month? Feel free to e-mail me if you'd rather not post here.

I have decided what the site is going to be. I'm going to host a blog (I'm probably going to forward this one, but will wind up renaming it) and also have a page for orginal music that I will produce. I'm coming up with a generic band name under which I can produce this stuff in my head and I think I have a good one (name, that is). I will probably be looking to make a lot of the tunes a collaborative effort, so, my musically inclined friends, don't be surprised if I contact you asking if you'd like to participate.

I'm thinking about doing rockabilly/country-fried rock in the vein of The Reverend Horton Heat, Mojo Nixon, Chet Atkins, as well as other punk stuff. Given that info, tell me what you think of my proposed name: Powerstroke Poppa and the Lonely Highway Players.

No comments: