Friday, February 09, 2007

All this and an occasional post too

Life is busy, my friends.

Between work and school, I find it difficult to post anything of meaning here. I mean, I do have free time (I am watching American Idol obviously) but even then, I find it difficult to write anything meaningful. The times I have available to write, I really just don't want to think about things worthy of posting. And it's not going to get any better for the next few months. So, I ask that you bear with me over through this as I attempt to reconcile all the aspects of my life with my desire to blog.

On to a post

It's been '80s week at Faster Than The World this week.

Many of us who were born in the '70s and spent our formative years in the '80s often wax nostalgic about that dichotomous decade.

I was just thinking the morning about some of the heavy metal bands of that decade, not the hair bands, but "real" metal bands like Megadeth, Anthrax, etc. What I remember a lot of is how they dressed. It seems that black jeans, black T shirts (or concert Ts) were the uniform. Along with white tennis shoes. I, too was a victim of the all-black clothing, but thank God I never owned a pair of white freaking tennis shoes until I actually started working out. I was a combat boot kid. I did have long hair (not a mullet!) though.

My question to you today is, what fashion faux pas of the '80s did you fall victim to?

No comments: