Monday, February 12, 2007

My fear

I do not fear the future, but I fear that my actions today will not leave me suitably prepared for it.

The wife and I briefly talked about IRAs, the Thrift Savings Plan (for federal employees), and the like last night. The reality is that the federal retirement system is insufficient as a retirement plan (and they are up-front that it is only meant as a supplement to an IRA or something) and I need to hurry up and get something going.

I should have been doing this for the past 10 years. I should not just be thinking about this now. And I'm not. I mean, we've done some stuff in the past, but we've always wound up stopping or pulling the money out for some reason or another.

Now I've got to get going. Or maybe I'll just work until I die. Either way. Maybe both.

On a completely unrelated note, my weekly post is up at Faster Than The World.

No comments: