Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Idol threat 5-8

Looking back over this season, I don't think it's the contestants that are making the show so dull. There's a lack of ... spontaneity, I guess, that's supposed to come with a reality/live/competition show. Simon keeps using the term "pageanty" and I've come to feel that this entire season has that feel to it.

What really bums me out, though, is that there are some fantastic performers along with the really bad ones, but there just hasn't been the same tension. There's no fire among them. Except perhaps for Sanjaya, and we all knew how that was going to end up. The "weeks" this season have been horrible, and song selections equally bad. So last night's Barry Gibb night was unsurprisingly sucktastic.

Of all the performers last night, I think Jordin is the only one that really delivered. Her rendition of "To Love Somebody" was probably the best I've heard. That's not saying too much, though, because I hate the song.

Anyway, all that aside, based on the most lack of performance last night by these two, I predict that Blake and LaKisha are the bottom two with LaKisha going Labyebye.

The roundup:

Tracey at Beyond the Pale posts her first long write up of the season.

Dean hates the Gibb.

Curly McDimple can't get enough of Barry Gibb's teeth.

Dial Idol predicts Melinda and LaKisha are the bottom two with LaKisha heading out the door. Guess Spanky's fan base got energized last night from the bashing by Simon.

No comments: