Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cuz I'm a 21st century digital boy


I have been a faithful contributor to Faster Than The World since it was first stood up as an online 'zine, almost one year. Now I, like many others before me, am feeling the grind and am taking a sabbatical. However, I have my last article up today (I'll think of it as my last Georgia article). Longtime readers of my blog will recognize the post as it is a repost from this site, but it's one of my better ones.

Hopefully, it won't be too long before I can get back to writing. I'm optimistically thinking I'll be able to start back writing in September.

-------

On yesterday's post: Our realtor faxed me a copy of the appraisal report and inspector's notes. There was really nothing in the report that we hadn't seen or been told about ourselves. Now yesterday's entry seems overly pessimistic.

The problem we're facing is that the homeowner doesn't have the money to front for the repairs. If she agrees to get the work done, they repairer will have to agree to get paid out of closing. The realtor seems to think this will fly -- she knows some guys who knows some guys -- but having never done this before, I am still hesitant to let my hopes get up or anything.

Also, have any of you ever put up a privacy fence yourselves? I am looking for any tips, tricks, lessons learned, etc., that you may have to pass on. One of the very first things we'll be doing is putting up a fence. Both of the neighbors there have fences and they're both right on the property line, so all I have to do is build the fence into their fences. Anyway, if you have advice, I'm willing to listen. Drop a note here or to my e-mail. Thanks again.

No comments: