Friday, June 08, 2007

I gots me a job

I have referenced my job searching a few times here, but today that search has ended. I received an official offer and am now locked in for the position.

The job will be working at Naval Support Activity Mid-South in Millington, TN, and I should be moving there at the end of July/beginning of August.

I am excited about the move for a few of reasons. First, it’s a promotion. More money is always a good thing, you know. Second, relocating to that area puts us closer to more family. Last, while we’re moving to a smaller urban area, we’re moving closer to a huge urban area. Millington is smaller than here, but Memphis is only 10 miles away from Millington.

Our vacation, which we start tomorrow, involves us stopping in Memphis to check out housing. Practical and fun.

So, I’ll keep y’all updated as the process evolves.

It’s exciting and scary.

No comments: