Thursday, June 28, 2007

If my time was all as is yours


Here's a vacation story that tickles my nerves like a cheese grater to the groin.

Many of you know that we bought a new Dodge Durango back in March. It has become my baby. I care more about this vehicle than any other I have ever owned. I had an ominous feeling, though, that something was going to happen over the vacation.

And it did, of course.

We were out driving around looking at homes. I had driven all through the area, in and out of driveways, but one proved to be beyond my skills, apparently. This one home we stopped at was the first four bedroom we were going to see. We were kind of excited, but the realtor was quick to point out that her contact had impressed on her that the home needed a lot of work.

And it did. We weren't interested in the slightest. Odd layout and TONS of problems.

So, we load back into the truck and I begin to back out and don't notice the pruned bush to my left rear. The bush was free of any foliage and was basically a bunch of branches sticking up out of the ground. And those branches put a nice scratch along the driver-side rear of my nice, new truck. Starting in the tail light (though not very noticeable there) and about 10 inches past. It looks like it only cut into the clear coat, not too deep, and it's only noticeable if you're right up on the car. But I know it's there.

And I know that I'm responsible for it.

Dammit.

No comments: