Friday, June 27, 2008

Louisiana no longer stuck on stupid

I moved out of Louisiana a little more than 3 years ago. Given the political climate, I never thought I'd be proud of what the state government there has done, but boy was I ever wrong.

Basically telling SCOTUS to suck it, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal sings a bill that authorizes the chemical castration of sex offenders.
SB 144 by Senators Nick Gautreaux, Amedee, Dorsey, Duplessis and Mount provides that on a first conviction of aggravated rape, forcible rape, second degree sexual battery, aggravated incest, molestation of a juvenile when the victim is under the age of 13, or an aggravated crime against nature, the court may sentence the offender to undergo chemical castration. On a second conviction of the above listed crimes, the court is required to sentence the offender to undergo chemical castration.

Man. I want this dude to be president.

No comments: