Friday, January 25, 2008

Unintentional racist joke

Earlier I was in a meeting.

Yes meetings suck.

In this particular meeting, I tend to sit in the back, not at the adult table, because I'm not actually an active member of these meetings. I'm just there to gleen useful information for communication's products.

Anyway. I'm sitting in the back.

At these meetings, people usually bring candy. The chair of this meeting arrives and has a big bowl -- like a Halloween bowl. Someone says, "Ah, here's the candy." The chair answers, "This in only part one."

Later, as the meeting is about to begin, the second candy provider shows up. She's a lovely African-American lady carrying a large bowl of mini candy bars.

The same person who spoke up earlier says: "All right! Here's the chocolate."

I almost fell out of my chair.

Perhaps you had to be there.

No comments: