Thursday, September 06, 2007

Home again, home again, diggity dig

So it's time to head home. Wish I had some interesting tales to tell, but nothing much has happened. Went to class. Went to the hotel.

Yesterday, I did attempt to go somewhere to get some snacks for today and wound up having to cross the Potomac during rush hour. Thanks Garmin. Actually, I'd have been dead in the water without that little GPS, but only yesterday did I realize that it measures distance from where you are at to your destination as the crow flies, not as you'll be driving it.

I'm in Alexandria. I punched up "grocery" and found one two-point-one miles away. I drove across the river into Maryland because, as straight-line distance goes, it was pretty close. But it took a while to get there. And then I wound up going to a Rite-Aid anyway because that "grocery" was really a liquor store. In the wrong part of town.

On my ride back, I came through Old Town Alexandria, which is only three blocks south of my hotel, and passed everything I wanted to stop at. Should have just walked down the road some more.

Oh well. It was nice to get away a couple of days, but I'm very ready to get home.

No comments: