Friday, September 21, 2007

Back in Black

Well, today I finally found out the results of my MRI from Monday. Apparently I have a moderately ruptured L5 disc.

I'm not sure what "moderately" means in this context. I'm not sure if it's the middle, like "minor, moderate, major," or exists on some grander scale. I do know the effects of it on my body, however.

The treatment the doctor has suggested is an epidural block -- an injection of cortisone into that area of my spine. Which sounds a little scary, but infinitely better than surgery. I think the reason it sounds scary to me is that I saw my wife get her epidural for each of our children. Kind of freaky, to be quite honest.

But it's outpatient, shouldn't take longer than a couple of minutes and hopefully will cause the pain to go away, swelling to go down and things to get back to normal.

Whatever normal means.

No comments: