Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What is that noise?

Sheila has started her magnum opus: An episode-by-episode breakdown of the Quantum Leap series. Episode 1 has taken three entries, if that tells you anything about her passion for this project.

I have always loved this series and love her work on this. One of the things I've brought up is the classic sound that accompanies the leap. I think it's one of the most memorable sounds in all of television. And on that note, I was inspired to ask a question of my visitors: What do you think are the most memorable TV sounds?

I've already mentioned the Quantum Leap sound, but there are others. I think perhaps the most memorable, in our current TV generation is the Law and Order “duhn-duhn!” For my parent's generation, there was the Hee Haw donkey.

What do you think?

No comments: