Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My wife is amazing VI

Man. I can hyperbolize with the best of ‘em.

“Damn. It took me like, five hours to clean that room.”

“My yard … sheesh, it’s pretty much all crabgrass.”

“Yeah, (Daughter Number One) read the last Harry Potter book in like four hours or something.”

With the exception of that last one (she did finish the book in one day), these are gross exaggerations and J-Mom does not let me get away with this kind of stuff.

It starts with an eye roll and then she’s all: “You went in that room at 2 o’clock.” (like, two hours before I would have made the above comment.)

“It’s not all crabgrass.”

“It took her longer than that.”

She keeps me honest even when it’s trivial.

This is not something I used to appreciate, but I do know. I do because it makes me think a lot more before I open my freakin’ mouth.

I like the fact that I don’t eat quite so much toe jam any more.

No comments: