Thursday, August 21, 2008

My wife is amazing VIII

This one is tough.

I like to buy stuff. I can be pretty bad about it. So can J-Mom. When we have an access of funds, we seem to find a way to spend it on stuff. And yet, there are certain things I really want to spend money on -- lots of money -- and she stops me.

See, we've had the same TV for about 10 years. It's not a bad TV -- it's a 32-inch Goldstar (from right before LG changed their name!). It works. But I want an LCD TV. I've wanted a flat-panel TV since I first learned that plasma TV technology was on the horizon (1999 or so). But, given the current state of our finances, it's not something we should do, and if it wasn't for J-Mom, I'd be buying it right up.

So, it pisses me off in the short term, but I see the wisdom in the long term. And I'm very appreciative of it.

No comments: