Sunday, August 17, 2008

Space Chimps: Better than I thought

I took the kids to see Space Chimps yesterday. J-Mom and I are attempting something new: I am trying to get the kids out of the house with me for a few hours at least once a week. This gives mommy some time to herself to put toward whatever she wants to put it toward and gives me some more alone time with the kids. Yesterday, we spent it at the theater.

I wasn't looking forward to seeing Space Chimps, but it was infinitely preferable to Clone Wars. Surprisingly, it was a decent flick. Of course it was completely geared to kids under 10, but there was some decent adult-geared one liners here and there (nothing risqué though). I had barely seen any of the trailers for the movie, and hearing the "I am Titan I am strong," in the trailers I did see didn't make me want to see the film. There is a twist to it I wasn't expecting and it was pleasant. The pacing was great too, it was over before I knew it. Funny, quick paced, sappy and good for the kids. I recommend it if you're into this sort of thing or if you have young kids.

No comments: