Monday, May 03, 2010

The Flood

For those of y'all who aren't my friend on Facebook, I want to let y'all know that we were right in the flood area and survived without getting any flooding at all. Our neighbors across the street from us got six inches in their garage and two inches in their house proper.

Our next-door neighbors got some flooding in their garage only. A friend a few streets over from us had several feet of flooding. I am in awe over how a little distance can make such a difference in damage. I mean, I realize that flooding isn't as arbitrary as a tornado or hurricane damage, but it still boggles the mind how certain areas get hit so hard and other areas escape damage.

The picture here is of of Navy base where I work. My building got about two feet of water in it. So, there's some fun going on there.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Hey Cullen!

I'm glad to hear that you escaped the flooding at your place. I've got lots of friends up that way, and at this point, none are under.

Thanks for the news. It's a mess, ain't it?

Cullen said...

Glad to hear the folks you know are OK as well.

It is quite a mess.

They need to build more homes here up on blocks like they do in Louisiana.

Kate P said...

Whoa! I was wondering if your home was O.K., but it appears I should've been worried about your office. What a week!