Friday, July 20, 2007

And the beat goes on

Training goes well.

That is, I am training the other people in my office to do my job.

I have never had the pleasure of having this happen to me, so I am very happy to be able to do this for someone else.

When I went on vacation last month, I spent a significant amount of time training a coworker to do my job for two weeks. However, he is not the same person who is going to be moving into my position. This is actually a good thing. Not that he's not a competent person, but the other employee has more of the skills needed to fill the job. It feels good to know that I'm leaving behind a well-trained person and another person who can do the job in a pinch.

And yet, I, again, move to a job where I'll have no bleed-over training and it'll be all OJT. But I revel in it.

No comments: