Friday, September 22, 2006

Because I'm All About the Guitar: Welcome to my new addiction

Can you shred?As my kids get a little older, I am getting more and more tempted to buy a game console. The XBox 360 is insanely expensive, so we were looking at many of the older consoles. I know that the PS 2 is about to be replaced, but they just came out with one of the coolest games ever -- Guitar Hero.

I almost bought the console just for that. But, a little internet research led me to find: Frets on Fire. It's a freeware game that is modeled after Guitar Hero.

So, my fingers have been busy pecking along to the songs. While Guitar Hero gives you a guitar-like add-on to strum, Frets on Fire uses the keboard. You press one of five keys for one of five strings and use the enter key for "plucking" the strings. It's more a game of timing, musical rhythm, and hand-to-eye coordination.

But it's about the guitar. So I'm hooked.

Go to the Frets on Fire site, download it, and try it out. It's too much damn fun.

No comments: