Monday, September 04, 2006

More guilty pleasures

My name is Cullen ...

And I ...

... Am a ...

WWE fan.

Last night WWE RAW was in town here for a house show. Normally, I probably wouldn't have gone, though I do admit I was tempted to buy my own tickets. We had been running pre-show advertising in our paper and I was offered reviewer tickets by the director of our local event hall.

Then, as luck would have it, Headquarters Marine Corps Public Affairs calls down and says: "Hey, if I got you guys like 20 free tickets, do you think you could get Marines to fill those seats?" This was on Monday, Aug. 28. The show was last night, Sept. 3. We didn't have a lot of wiggle room. But we said, "Sure."

Things didn't actually materialize until Thursday and even then there were more changes on Friday. Suffice to say, we all got to go.

Jeebus, am I ever pasty and fat.Still fat, but pasty here is because of my doggone flash.And, as you can see here, we got to go backstage and meet some WWE stars.

See, John Cena, former WWE champion has a new movie coming out next month: The Marine. While the Marine Corps didn't assist the film makers originally, after viewing the movie, they thought it was a pretty good thing and decided that mebbe a little PR wouldn't be a bad thing.

So, we got free tix, got to meet some dudes backstage, I got to roam all around the floor taking pictures. It was a blast. This is the first time I've ever been to a WWE show and the last time I'd ever been to any wrestling show was about 12 years ago.

Fun fun.

List your guilty pleasures, if you haven't before. Or list them again. It's therapeutic.

No comments: