Monday, September 18, 2006

Another taste of my Mondays

A while ago, I told you all about a chaplain whose submissions made my Mondays hell.

Please read the link if you're unfamiliar with the tale. I'll wait …





Well, he's back y'all. Check out these gems:

Our world does not abide poor planning and lacking resources. Our lives do not capitulate well, when needs are not met and wants cannot be assimilated. The same can be true in our spiritual lives. The same can be correspondingly important in our love life.


I can't make out if he's talking about love and spirituality or a Star Trek plot involving the Borg.

One of the more essential elements of those blessings is to experience the joy and pain of love. Love can find itself in any number of places in many different kinds of things. The love we may experience can be significant, it can be troubling at times and it can be sufficient enough to keep us coming back for more. Love is more than basic affection or sexual activity. Love can be more sentimentality and much more than superficial niceties both warm and fuzzy.


I am dumbfounded. I don't even know quite what to say about that. Except that maybe we should put a GPS on that love think since it keeps finding itself in so many different places.

Oh, this is profound:

The chronology of our life is an unfolding anthology.


It's like a Mad Lib for a profound statement.

The (insert noun) of our life is a/an (insert adjective) (insert noun).

Try it yourself. Make it as nonsensical as possible. It'll sound more deep. For example: The carburetor of our life is an unwritten leopard.

How cool is that?

Lastly, the good chaplain uses his best pillow talk to seduce his reading public:

I have experienced three plausible ways that love can grow. First, my thoughts toward you can be nutrients of our love. My mind is filled with pleasantness. Second, my feelings about you can be the fruit of the love that has come to fruition. Third and maybe the best, is my life with you. It all culminates in the everyday. We live and love together. Love is God, God is love and in our hearts, that’s a winning combination.


I didn't say it was a good seduction.

Have a good day.

No comments: