Friday, June 09, 2006

Cars

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWith my parents in town, we decided that it'd be nice to take the kids with my mom to a matinee showing of Cars. I was skeptical and wasn't expecting much out of it. All the ads I'd seen just didn't appeal to me at all.

I was wrong. Very wrong.

This movie is one of the funniest I've seen in quite some time. It might have something to do with the low expectations, but I was quite happy with the film. At no point did I feel it drag on and a lot of it was laugh-out-loud funny. I've been to few movies where the entire theater was rolling like they were in this one.

Not looking at the cast listing before hand, I couldn't pick Owen Wilson's voice out as that as the lead character -- Lightening. Knowing that doesn't change my opinion plus or minus, it was transparent and that was good. The rest of the cast was equally great. John Ratzenberger has a particularly funny part at the end of the movie.

Give yourselves and your children (if applicable) a treat this weekend and see this great flick. Highly recommended.

No comments: