Monday, February 25, 2008

Screw you, Michael Keaton

Any thoughts I ever had about wanting to be a house dad were seconded, thirded and ultimately dashed over the course of this weekend.

My dearest had surgery Thursday to remove a marble-sized growth from the span between the thumb and index finger on her right hand. Everything went well, but not only is she effectively down one hand, she was also wonky from the surgery and from the pain medication. So, I was house dad for a long weekend, which is usually fun in short bursts, but is quite trying for extended periods of time. Add to this that we're also in the middle of painting a room and it was a bit hectic.

By Saturday about every half hour I was thinking, "My wife does all this and homeschools? Is she freakin' crazy?"

I have always supported her choice and respected what she does in sort of a tacit manner. Now that I've experienced a little taste of that life, my respect has grown into full-blown admiration.

All that AND she puts up with a grump like me. I'm a pretty lucky dude.

No comments: