Monday, January 12, 2009

Geeky TV post to have some new content

Given that I recently wrote about an actor on the show, I was thinking, did anyone watch the Stargate Atlantis finale on Friday (or any day, I guess)?

It took me a long time to get into anything Stargate related (other than the movie, which I saw in the theaters) because they killed off Farscape and replaced it with SG, but it turned out to be a very good show. Further, I never got into the Atlantis spinoff. It just seemed like too much to keep up with at the time.

However, they had their big final episode of ever Friday and were running a marathon of Atlantis shows leading up to the big finale. So, I watched several and got pretty interested in the show, interested enough that I had some kind of emotional investment in the finale's outcome. I gotta tell ya', that last episode just really left you hanging. Not in the, "there will be a sequel" or "there will be a TV movie like they did with the original series" department. No, it was just bereft of the excitement and energy of their normal, weekly adventures.

Sci-Fi is really beginning to disappoint me, from all the Ghost Hunting programming to the horribly bad original movies -- I'm wondering what's happening to a former favorite channel.

No comments: