Friday, January 09, 2009

Work. supposedly.

I went back to work this week. Kind of.

Have you ever tried to do any work while you're on percocet? Take it from me that work and percocet are not friends.

You have experiences like:

Wow, I sure am staring at this piece of paper for a long time for no reason.

Or

I need to do this - But that's shiny! - Oh, I'll type this in - What's that noise? - No, dude, I sent that e-mail off to you, op, never mind it's still sitting on my desktop half finished.

And then, my body is still not terribly fond of sitting in an office chair. So I have to force myself to get up and walk around every 30 minutes or so, even if I've actually managed to get some kind of work flow going.

I'm fed up with it. I couldn't even go into work yesterday. I got some Vicodin from the doc and we'll see how that goes. I tend to have a much clearer state of mind, but also not as much pain relief.

I can't wait for this all to be over.

No comments: