Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What the hell good is a snow day

When you wake up and go to work as normal?

We had a snow storm early this morning in Millington/Memphis. But, the base still stayed open. I drove to work in the worst of the weather. The snow was quite heavy, like driving in dense fog, and the roads were slick. My Durango slipped at every turn. At one four-way stop, the tires spun, trying to gain traction. I had to take my foot off the pedal and start out again much more slowly.

This is exactly the conditions that our leadership doesn't want its workforce driving in. However, we weren't sent home until an hour after I got to work and the snow had stopped. Sure the roads have become real icy as the temp has dropped even through the snow stopped this morning, but they're much more clear than they were at 5:45 a.m.

It's annoying to show up to work on time only to get sent home before you can even do any work. Guess that's what happens when the bosses sleep in.

No comments: